9/24/12

Being more, or being less


Yesterday, I looked in the mirror and didn't like what I saw; somehow in about a week, I seemed to have gained 40 lbs..  Now, I know this can't be, but still, what I saw upset me.  Today, we went for a ride past Lake George and did a little souvenir shopping.  My Linda bought me a few tee shirts which were smaller than I had been wearing and believe it or not they fit!!!  So, when I saw this picture and reminded me of an attitude that is very destructive...pride.


Proverbs, Chapter 16
 18 Pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.


I am not sure what kind of bird is to the left, but the one in the mirror is an Eagle.  Good lesson for me, as I don't ever want to think of myself as being something more than I actually am.  I am glad I didn't really gain a lot of weight, but I can't let it go to my head.  Smile, God loves both you and me... thin or fat, Eagle or something less...