9/1/12

Happiness is...


Last night I read for several hours and then I decided to watch TV.  Nothing much was on (hard to believe with 500 channels) so I decided to watch a not-to-old movie: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.  Somehow, it seemed strange to see the older Harrison Ford with Karen Allen, but the ending of the movie seemed even stranger.  The treasure they had been looking for was knowledge and this was described as happiness.  When I thought about it today, I searched and found the following verse that seemed to strike a chord with me somehow...

Proverbs, Chapter 3
  13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom,
the man who gets understanding.


  14 For her good profit is better than getting silver,
and her return is better than fine gold.


  15 She is more precious than rubies.
None of the things you can desire are to be compared to her.

Wisdom is happiness; now there is a concept worth thinking about.  I don't know if it would make me jump for joy like the alligator in the picture, but to me, there is no doubt that it can yield the most sublime pleasure.  And I know right where to find it; its as close as the Scriptures...