10/6/12

Oct. 6 Psalms 138-140


Oct. 6
Psalms 138-140

Psa 138:1 I will give you thanks with my whole heart. Before the gods, I will sing praises to you.
Psa 138:2 I will bow down toward your holy temple, and give thanks to your Name for your loving kindness and for your truth; for you have exalted your Name and your Word above all.
Psa 138:3 In the day that I called, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul.
Psa 138:4 All the kings of the earth will give you thanks, Yahweh, for they have heard the words of your mouth.
Psa 138:5 Yes, they will sing of the ways of Yahweh; for great is Yahweh's glory.
Psa 138:6 For though Yahweh is high, yet he looks after the lowly; but the proud, he knows from afar.
Psa 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. You will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies. Your right hand will save me.
Psa 138:8 Yahweh will fulfill that which concerns me; your loving kindness, Yahweh, endures forever. Don't forsake the works of your own hands.
 

Psa 139:1 Yahweh, you have searched me, and you know me.
Psa 139:2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar.
Psa 139:3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4 For there is not a word on my tongue, but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.
Psa 139:5 You hem me in behind and before. You laid your hand on me.
Psa 139:6 This knowledge is beyond me. It's lofty. I can't attain it.
Psa 139:7 Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there!
Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the dawn, and settle in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Psa 139:10 Even there your hand will lead me, and your right hand will hold me.
Psa 139:11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me; the light around me will be night;"
Psa 139:12 even the darkness doesn't hide from you, but the night shines as the day. The darkness is like light to you.
Psa 139:13 For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14 I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.
Psa 139:15 My frame wasn't hidden from you, when I was made in secret, woven together in the depths of the earth.
Psa 139:16 Your eyes saw my body. In your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there were none of them.
Psa 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
Psa 139:18 If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I wake up, I am still with you.
Psa 139:19 If only you, God, would kill the wicked. Get away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
Psa 139:20 For they speak against you wickedly. Your enemies take your name in vain.
Psa 139:21 Yahweh, don't I hate those who hate you? Am I not grieved with those who rise up against you?
Psa 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred. They have become my enemies.
Psa 139:23 Search me, God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my thoughts.
Psa 139:24 See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.
 

Psa 140:1 Deliver me, Yahweh, from the evil man. Preserve me from the violent man;
Psa 140:2 those who devise mischief in their hearts. They continually gather themselves together for war.
Psa 140:3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. Viper's poison is under their lips. Selah.
Psa 140:4 Yahweh, keep me from the hands of the wicked. Preserve me from the violent men who have determined to trip my feet.
Psa 140:5 The proud have hidden a snare for me, they have spread the cords of a net by the path. They have set traps for me. Selah.
Psa 140:6 I said to Yahweh, "You are my God." Listen to the cry of my petitions, Yahweh.
Psa 140:7 Yahweh, the Lord, the strength of my salvation, you have covered my head in the day of battle.
Psa 140:8 Yahweh, don't grant the desires of the wicked. Don't let their evil plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah.
Psa 140:9 As for the head of those who surround me, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
Psa 140:10 Let burning coals fall on them. Let them be thrown into the fire, into miry pits, from where they never rise.
Psa 140:11 An evil speaker won't be established in the earth. Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
Psa 140:12 I know that Yahweh will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the needy.
Psa 140:13 Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name. The upright will dwell in your presence.