11/13/12

The impossible and the difficult


This is the biggest burger I have seen!!!  So big, in fact, that I can't even imagine eating it in even two meals.  However, I can imagine that there is someone out there who can, but whoever it is must be gigantic!!!!  Food is something near and dear to my heart; frankly I love to eat and have been "blessed" with a good appetite.  So, the following verses have always been a bit of a small problem with me...

Proverbs, Chapter 25
 21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat.
If he is thirsty, give him water to drink:

  22 for you will heap coals of fire on his head,
and Yahweh will reward you.

By now, you have guessed my love of food.   And so, it was quite a surprise for me to see how MUCH FOOD I CAN EAT ON WEIGHT WATCHERS!!! This plan seems to be working, as I have lost 42 pounds so far and have high hopes of reaching my first goal of 70.  But, giving food to my ENEMIES???  Helping those who obviously hate me???  This is one of the more difficult concepts of the Bible!!!  I guess it has nothing really to do about food and more about being like God.  He blesses even those who hate HIM and his followers should do likewise.  So, I must try to do good to those who are my enemies to please God.  But, I don't think this course of action is going to be easy.  Perhaps, I could start by giving away this burger, I never did like onion rings on a burger anyway!!!!