3/11/16

From Gary... Beyond the complexity of the complex


I really have no idea exactly how many posts I have made over the last eight years, but to me this picture is different than any other I have used. There is a complexity of shadow and depth of field in it that I find quite amazing.  So much so that I even question whether it is a genuine object or a photo-shopped composite.  

Aside from these things, what value does the picture have? Well, I could find a parallel between the complexity and beauty of the picture with the very nature of the Almighty HIMSELF.

Now, here is the problem: No matter how much I try to understand our creator, there seems to always be another level deeper- an endless chasm of complexity and wonder that is just out of the reach of my comprehension.

So, why bother? I think at least a few answers are found in the verses below. 

Romans, Chapter 11 (WEB)

 33  Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past tracing out! 
  34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”
  35 “Or who has first given to him,
and it will be repaid to him again?”


and 

Isaiah, Chapter 55 (WEB)

 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to Yahweh, and he will have mercy on him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 
  8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” says Yahweh.
  9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
  10 For as the rain comes down and the snow from the sky,
and doesn’t return there, but waters the earth,
and makes it grow and bud,
and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
  11 so shall my word be that goes out of my mouth:
it shall not return to me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please,
and it shall prosper in the thing I sent it to do.


There are undoubtedly many answers, but the obvious one is that human beings need to understand that they are not the end of all things. God is wiser than any concept of wisdom than we can imagine. The same holds true for HIS thought processes and his ways of working in our lives. And HIS will can not be thwarted or changed!!!  And the more I think about all this- the more magnificent it becomes. Somehow, the picture seems simpler now!!!