3/25/16

From Gary... Love sometimes is best seen through problems.


Background.
As some of you might know, my miniature poodle "Buddy" has been sick. He is old (turns 14 on April 1) and last week we took him to the vet because of a "hot spot" on his thigh. The vet treated the wound and gave him antibiotics, but also said he needed to have his teeth taken care of "NOW"!!! So, yesterday, I dropped him off for the surgery. An option for the procedure was a full panel of blood work, so I decided to do this. In the afternoon, the vet called me with news I did NOT expect. The blood work was so bad that any surgery would be life-threatening!!! So, continued antibiotics for now, with follow up blood work in a couple of weeks. 

The picture.
Two dogs caring for one another. This picture should tug at everyone's heart a bit; it did mine!!!

The comparison.
Yesterday, my other miniature poodle "Pal" snuggled in bed with "Buddy" and throughout the day kept smelling him in a concerned way. To me, at least, it was obvious that he knew something was wrong and was trying to comfort him in his own way.  

The Scripture.
John, Chapter 13 (WEB)
 34  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just like I have loved you; that you also love one another.   35  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” 

The application.
Everyone who says they are a Christian: Review the post and show God's love TODAY!!!!  If dogs can show love- so can we!!!


My family.
Left to right: Buddy, my wife (Linda) and Pal.