4/26/16

From Gary... Opposition!



https://biblicalproof.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/choose-god-over-your-family/

(click on "Opposition!" or cut and paste the link into your browser)

The above statement is true!!!  People do not care about your feelings, period!!! Couple this with the fact that fewer and fewer people attend church as a family and we have a problem: Being faithful, when those around you are not. I received an e-mail today from "Biblical Proof" which told of the author's aunt, who endured "Opposition" for her efforts to remain faithful to Christ. I encourage everyone to read this story. To her credit, she remained faithful unto death and serves as an example to us all.

Jesus said:

Matthew, Chapter 10 (WEB)
 34  “Don’t think that I came to send peace on the earth. I didn’t come to send peace, but a sword.   35  For I came to set a man at odds against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.   36  A man’s foes will be those of his own household.   37  He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me isn’t worthy of me.   38  He who doesn’t take his cross and follow after me, isn’t worthy of me.   39  He who seeks his life will lose it; and he who loses his life for my sake will find it. 

I sincerely hope you never have to endure this type of opposition, but if you ever do- make the correct decision and remain faithful to Jesus and please God, rather than bowing to the will of mere human beings!!!