5/4/16

From Gary... What goes around...


This picture was labeled as a motorcycle, but with only one wheel shouldn't it be called something else? Unicycle came to mind, but that name is already used (and besides, you ride on TOP of that one). How about mono-motor or uni-motor? No, these lack something. Well, the best I can do is cycle-motor and if anyone can come up with a better name, please let me know!!!  As I looked at this bike, the strangest name came to my mind- Adoni-Bezek, and soon after that a passage from Revelation.

Here they are...

Judges, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 3  Judah said to Simeon his brother, “Come up with me into my lot, that we may fight against the Canaanites; and I likewise will go with you into your lot.” So Simeon went with him.  4 Judah went up, and Yahweh delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand. They struck ten thousand men in Bezek.  5 They found Adoni-Bezek in Bezek, and they fought against him; and they struck the Canaanites and the Perizzites.  6 But Adoni-Bezek fled; and they pursued him, and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and his big toes.  7 Adoni-Bezek said, “Seventy kings, having their thumbs and their big toes cut off, scavenged under my table. As I have done, so God has done to me.” They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.

Revelation, Chapter 20 (WEB)
 11  I saw a great white throne, and him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. There was found no place for them.  12 I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and they opened books. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.  13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it. Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them. They were judged, each one according to his works.  14 Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.  15 If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire. 

I thought of these passages because of a saying- "What goes around comes around". Just like the wheel on the cyclemotor (or whatever you want to call it), whatever you do in this world- you will eventually be recompensed for!!!  Adoni-Bezek realized this and those before the great white throne will realize it as well. 

Have you thought about your own life lately? How will you pay for what you have done? I have and will trust Jesus to intercede for me when the judgment described above takes place. 

Remember- "What goes around comes around"!!!



P.S. With this post, my newbiblereflections blog now has reached a total of 10,001 posts. Many thanks to all who have contributed and to everyone who has ever read anything posted there!!!