6/23/16

The ROCK by Gary Rose


Located in Iceland, this home (or perhaps a small lighthouse?) has a great foundation.  And talk about home security! Nobody will bother you-ever!! but compared to God Almighty this (impregnable?) home is nothing. Please take a few moments to read some selections from the Bible that seemed very appropriate to me...

Psalm 18 (WEB)

1  I love you, Yahweh, my strength.
2 Yahweh is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; (emp. added GDR)
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower.


Isaiah, Chapter 44 (WEB)

 6 This is what Yahweh, the King of Israel,
and his Redeemer, Yahweh of Armies, says:
“I am the first, and I am the last;
and besides me there is no God.
  7 Who is like me?
Who will call,
and will declare it,
and set it in order for me,
since I established the ancient people?
Let them declare the things that are coming,
and that will happen.
  8 Don’t fear,
neither be afraid.
Haven’t I declared it to you long ago,
and shown it?
You are my witnesses.
Is there a God besides me?
Indeed, there is not.
I don’t know any other Rock.” (emp. added GDR)


Matthew, Chapter 7 (WEB)
 24  “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. (emp. added GDR)  25  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock.   26  Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand.   27  The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” 

Matthew, Chapter 16 (WEB)

13 Now when Jesus came into the parts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?” 

  14  They said, “Some say John the Baptizer, some, Elijah, and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” 

  15  He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 

  16  Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (emp. added GDR)


  17  Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.   18  I also tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my assembly, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. (emp. added GDR)

1 Corinthians, Chapter 10 (WEB)
1 Now I would not have you ignorant, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;  2 and were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;  3 and all ate the same spiritual food;  4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ. (emp. added GDR)

1 Peter, Chapter 2 (WEB)

 1 Putting away therefore all wickedness, all deceit, hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speaking,  2 as newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, that with it you may grow,  3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious:  4 coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious.  (emp. added GDR) 5 You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  6 Because it is contained in Scripture,
“Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious:
He who believes in him will not be disappointed.” (emp. added GDR)

  7  For you who believe therefore is the honor, but for those who are disobedient, 
“The stone which the builders rejected,
has become the chief cornerstone,”

  8  and, 
“a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.”


Jesus is a sure foundation, the cornerstone of our faith; but, not only ours, but of everyone with the genuine faith of Abraham.  Ideas come and go, people are born and die- but Jesus lives!!!  Jesus lives, and we have hope!!! 

Ask yourself- Am I a wise or a foolish man? (Matt. 7 above)

Ask yourself- Am I willing to confess Jesus? (Matt. 16 above)

Ask yourself- Am I willing to trust Jesus and not my own feelings?

Your answer, your destiny (because there is only one sure foundation- Jesus)