6/27/16

When rainbows come to Earth by Gary Rose


I love rainbows; I have said it again and again. Here is yet another form of a rainbow, this time one that has come down to Earth. I have never seen another quite like this and it is wonderful! But, what is a rainbow, anyway?  

One definition is:
rainbow ‎(plural rainbows)
  1. multicoloured arch in the sky, produced by prismatic refraction of light within droplets of rain in the air.
  2. Any prismatic refraction of light showing a spectrum of colours.
  3. (often used with “of”) A wide assortment; a varied multitude.
    rainbow of possibilities
  4. (figuratively) An illusionmirage.
    Many electoral promises are rainbows, vanishing soon after poll day.

    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rainbow

However, it is much more than this...

It is a promise and a covenant

Genesis, Chapter 9 (WEB)
 8  God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying,  9 “As for me, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your offspring after you,  10 and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the livestock, and every animal of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ship, even every animal of the earth.  11 I will establish my covenant with you: All flesh will not be cut off any more by the waters of the flood, neither will there ever again be a flood to destroy the earth.”  12 God said, “This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:  (emp. added GDR)13 I set my rainbow in the cloud, and it will be a sign of a covenant between me and the earth.  14 When I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow will be seen in the cloud,  15 and I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh, and the waters will no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.  16 The rainbow will be in the cloud. I will look at it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”  17 God said to Noah, “This is the token of the covenant which I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

A promise that God will NEVER AGAIN DESTROY THE WORLD BY A FLOOD!!

It is a foretaste of a heavenly scene

Revelation, Chapter 4 (WEB)
 2  Immediately I was in the Spirit. Behold, there was a throne set in heaven, and one sitting on the throne  3 that looked like a jasper stone and a sardius. There was a rainbow around the throne, like an emerald to look at. (emp. added GDR) 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones. On the thrones were twenty-four elders sitting, dressed in white garments, with crowns of gold on their heads.  5 Out of the throne proceed lightnings, sounds, and thunders. There were seven lamps of fire burning before his throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.  6 Before the throne was something like a sea of glass, similar to crystal. In the midst of the throne, and around the throne were four living creatures full of eyes before and behind.  7 The first creature was like a lion, and the second creature like a calf, and the third creature had a face like a man, and the fourth was like a flying eagle.  8 The four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within. They have no rest day and night, saying, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come!” (emp. added GDR)

  9  When the living creatures give glory, honor, and thanks to him who sits on the throne, to him who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives forever and ever, and throw their crowns before the throne, saying,  11 “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, the Holy One, to receive the glory, the honor, and the power, for you created all things, and because of your desire they existed, and were created!” (emp. added GDR)


John, Chapter 1 (WEB)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  2 The same was in the beginning with God.  3 All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made. (emp. added GDR) 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.  5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn’t overcome it. 

It is a revelation of the glory of God

Ezekiel, Chapter 1 (WEB)
25 There was a voice above the expanse that was over their heads: when they stood, they let down their wings. 26 Above the expanse that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone; and on the likeness of the throne was a likeness as the appearance of a man on it above.  27 I saw as it were glowing metal, as the appearance of fire within it all around, from the appearance of his waist and upward; and from the appearance of his waist and downward I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him.  28 As the appearance of the rainbow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. This was the appearance of the likeness of Yahweh’s glory. (emp. added GDR) When I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of one that spoke. 

John, Chapter 17 (WEB)
17  Sanctify them in your truth. Your word is truth.   18  As you sent me into the world, even so I have sent them into the world.   19  For their sakes I sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.   20  Not for these only do I pray, but for those also who believe in me through their word,   21  that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.   22  The glory which you have given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, even as we are one;  (emp. added GDR)  23  I in them, and you in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that you sent me, and loved them, even as you loved me.   24  Father, I desire that they also whom you have given me be with me where I am, that they may see my glory, which you have given me, for you loved me before the foundation of the world. (emp. added GDR)

To me, a rainbow is the revelation of light, which represents the multi-fauceted nature of God. God the father directed the creation, Jesus materially interacted in this and the Holy Spirit empowered the work. So, light is yet another exhibition of God and a rainbow is its essence.  Consider, if these things are in fact true- then how magnificent a scene it will be when we finally meet HIM who sits on HIS heavenly throne!!!