7/14/16

Plus and minus are cancelled out in Christ by Gary Rose


I had a rough night last night; my ear was bothering me again and I was up WAY TOO LATE. So, its no wonder that I am a bit groggy today and the words just seem to be coming to me a bit slower than normal. And then I found Charlie Brown and this delightful message. Cheered me right up!!!  

Summary: You can't change the past, but you can appreciate the present.

That sounds nice, but I like the apostle Paul's way of putting it better...

Philippians, Chapter 3 (WEB)
If anyone else thinks to put confidence in the flesh, I can do so more:  5 ⌞circumcised on the eighth day⌟, from the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew born from Hebrews, according to the law a Pharisee,  6 according to zeal persecuting the church, according to the righteousness in the law being blameless.  7 But whatever things were gain to me, these things I have considered loss because of Christ. (emp. added GDR) 8 ⌞More than that⌟I even consider all things to be loss because of the surpassing greatness of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for the sake of whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and consider them dung, in order that I may gain Christ  9 and may be found in him, not having my righteousness which is from the law, but which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God on the basis of faith,  10 so that I may know him and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death,  11 if somehow I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  12 Not that I have already received this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on if indeed I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself to have laid hold of it. But I do one thing, forgetting the things behind and straining toward the things ahead,  14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 

The DEVIL reminds you of your past and encourages you to dwell on negativity. CHRIST gives you a future and genuine life, now!!! With Jesus in your life you are never, ever, truly alone. You always have encouragement because of what Jesus did (and will continue to do) for you. 

As I am so fond of saying: Every day above ground is a good day (even the bad ones) and every day way above ground (with Christ in heaven) will be a great one!!!

Philippians, Chapter 4 (WEB)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I will say, “Rejoice!”  5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.  6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

Well, that about sums it up!!!

Your friend,
Gary