7/25/16

The bigger, the BETTER? by Gary Rose



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFnIOhZcFDA

The video is not complicated, tricky or deceiving; just BIG DOG's and their owners.  However, it is interesting, as the biggest dog that I have ever seen is a Great Dane- and these appear to be much bigger than that breed!

I wonder, why have a really, BIG DOG anyway? Status, protection or perhaps they are really good work animals, say like horses? I suppose reasons for ownership are as varied as their owners, so I can't give any ONE answer, but I think at least some people may choose the REALLY BIG DOGS for one of the reasons found in the following verses...

1 John, Chapter 2 (WEB)
 15  Don’t love the world, neither the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, the Father’s love isn’t in him.  16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, isn’t the Father’s, but is the world’s. 17 The world is passing away with its lusts, but he who does God’s will remains forever.  

Desire (the lust of the eyes) and pride are the two thing that seem to stand out to me as invalid reasons for owning such animals. Valid reasons would include love, rescue and pleasing characteristics (love, for example) of a particular breed.

I cannot imagine myself owning such large animals, because control would be an issue. I mean, how DO YOU STOP something that big from doing whatever it wants to do?

Reminds me of the old joke- Where does a 400 bear sit in a movie house? ANYWHERE IT WANTS!!!