9/2/16

Make your own monument by Gary Rose


"I don't get no respect!" was his catchphrase and in this life he was a comedian. I enjoyed watching his performances and still remember some of his work - anyone recall "Take my wife- PLEASE!"? I never met him, but anyone who sees his headstone will wonder what his life was like. If you are curious, here is a link---  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Dangerfield. 

All this begs the question: What will I leave behind?

The Bible says...

1 Timothy, Chapter 5 (WEB)
 24 Some men’s sins are evident, preceding them to judgment, and some also follow later.  25 In the same way also there are good works that are obvious, and those that are otherwise can’t be hidden.
The answer to my question: Everything about me, good and bad. The thing is- those things will determine my eternal fate at the judgment. You and I can't change the past, but we can determine to change the present and affect our future. And the future isn't written in stone (until we expire).