2/28/17

Conundrums and possibilities by Gary Rose

I retired about six years ago, hard to believe, but its true! Since retirement, I have had a lot of time to do things I always wanted to do and one of them is having a dog. He is a miniature poodle and a great companion, but at times I marvel at what he does and most of the time I wonder what he is thinking.

Could he be pondering something like the dog in the picture? Perhaps dogs aren't even capable of a thought as deep the picture's label indicates. Now, its easy to say that dogs are just "dumb animals", but sometimes they will surprise you. Humm. I wonder if God thinks about US like THAT? Probably not, because that would make HIM seem condescending, wouldn't it?

Fact is, somethings ARE hard to understand- read the book of Revelation or Ezekiel or Daniel lately?  How about something a little simpler, like 2 Corinthians?

Paul says...



2 Corinthians, Chapter 12 (World English Bible)
 1 It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. For I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.  2 I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I don’t know, or whether out of the body, I don’t know; God knows), such a one caught up into the third heaven.  3 I know such a man (whether in the body, or outside of the body, I don’t know; God knows),  4 how he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. (emp. added vss. 1-4, GDR) 5 On behalf of such a one I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in my weaknesses.  6 For if I would desire to boast, I will not be foolish; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, so that no man may think more of me than that which he sees in me or hears from me.  7 By reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted excessively, a thorn in the flesh was given to me: a messenger of Satan to torment me, that I should not be exalted excessively.  8 Concerning this thing, I begged the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  9 He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me.



There are things that we will never know; things beyond our capacity to understand and others that we are not allowed to utter (vs. 4 above).  But, this we do know- that God has revealed some things to us and we should follow God's will in everything.



Deuteronomy, Chapter 29 (World English Bible) 
  29 The secret things belong to Yahweh our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.



If we listen and obey, that will have to be enough!!! I wonder- will God ever say to me "who's a good boy"? Maybe, well done, good and faithful servant will just have to do!!!