3/28/17

A SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG Donald R. Fox


http://essaysbyfox.org/html/essays/


A SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG
Donald R. Fox

I am a very simple man. I have known, and I have a sense of right/wrong since I was a young boy. I am a Christian, and I have obtained this sense of doing right and avoiding/rejecting that, which is wrong. It seems to me a very simple “know how” when you have the facts or obvious decisions to make. It is very easy to know what is right. You can mark that down.

AN ILLUSTRATION OF AN INCIDENT REFLECTING A CHOOSES TO DO WRONG.
(Incident time line September 2013 through February 2014)
Like many of us, I have pondered this recent traffic tie up over the George Washington Bridge. Governor Christie stated he did not know about the lane closures. Other sources state he knew. At this point, I will leave this quandary alone. I will only use it to illustrate the huge dilemma of many not knowing nor acting on right and leaving wrong as wrong. For shame on any person that knows what is right and chooses wrong. Sadly, many could not care less about that which is right and wrong.

LET THE SCRIPTURES TEACH US THE KNOWING OF RIGHT AND WRONG.
The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.” (Psalm 19:8 KJV)
For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.” (Psalm 33:4 KJV)
I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.” (Psalm 119:75 KJV)
I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.” (Proverbs 4:11 KJV)
The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.” (Proverbs 12:5 KJV)
And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;” (2 Peter 2:13-15 KJV)

End Note: For the Christian or one who desires to enjoy a virtuous life it is undeniable that the Word of God will always direct us the way of righteousness.

Note: The following is a few web sites dealing with the tie up traffic that involved Governor Christie and the contradictions. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/attorney_for_david_wildstein_asks_port_authority_to_reconsider_paying_legal_bills.html