3/23/17

Feelings and fellowship with God by Gary Rose

Like you, I am a mere human being. I do the things you do, feel the same things you do. I live and someday (a far day, I hope) I will die. God is different: He is eternal, all powerful, perfect in every way and the creator of Human beings like myself. God has expressed his will in the Bible and we must listen to what it says. If not, we distance ourselves from Him and someday will answer for our disobedience.

Consider these Scriptures...


Isaiah, Chapter 44 (World English Bible)
  6 This is what Yahweh, the King of Israel, 
and his Redeemer, Yahweh of Armies, says: 
I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God. 
(Emp. added, vs. 6b, GDR)
   
7 Who is like me? 
Who will call, 
and will declare it, and set it in order for me, 
since I established the ancient people? 
Let them declare the things that are coming, and that will happen. 

  8 Don’t fear, 
neither be afraid. 
Haven’t I declared it to you long ago, and shown it? 

You are my witnesses. Is there a God besides me? 

Indeed, there is not. I don’t know any other Rock.” 
Hebrews, Chapter 1 (World English Bible)
 1 God, having in the past spoken to the fathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,  2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds.  3 His Son is the radiance of his glory, the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, who, when he had by himself purified us of our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high,

 Matthew, Chapter 17 (World English Bible)
 1 After six days, Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John his brother, and brought them up into a high mountain by themselves.  2 He was changed before them. His face shone like the sun, and his garments became as white as the light. 3 Behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them talking with him. 

  4 Peter answered, and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you want, let’s make three tents here: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 

  5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. Behold, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.” (Emp. added vs. 5, GDR)
 
John, Chapter 12 (World English Bible)
  44 Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me, but in him who sent me.   45  He who sees me sees him who sent me.   46  I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in the darkness.   47  If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn’t believe, I don’t judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.   48  He who rejects me, and doesn’t receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke will judge him in the last day.   49  For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.   50  I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak.” (Emp. added vss. 44-50, GDR)

 Revelation, Chapter 22 (World English Bible)
   12  “Behold, I come quickly. My reward is with me, to repay to each man according to his work.   13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. (Emp. added vs. 13, GDR)  14  Blessed are those who do his commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.   15  Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.   16  I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.” 

  17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” He who hears, let him say, “Come!” He who is thirsty, let him come. He who desires, let him take the water of life freely.  18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to them, may God add to him the plagues which are written in this book 19 If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, may God take away his part from the tree
of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.
(Emp. added vss. 18, 19 GDR)


Why would a person argue with God? Why would someone place their own opinion above God stated desires? Why would someone purposely disobey God's plainly stated words? Why?

I can only guess the answer to these questions, but the consequences of disobedience are eternal.  Don't let your feelings keep you from being in fellowship with God. Love God, listen to what He has told you to do (before its too late) and enjoy the love of God now and forever!!!