3/21/17

"No" by Gary Rose

God answers prayer. Sometimes"Yes", sometimes "No", and sometimes "Wait". "Yes" seems like the best, but be careful what you pray for- you just might get it! "Wait" appears to be better, but after a long time, discouragement sets in. "No" seems like the worst, but in reality, it is definitely the best!!! 

Even from the very first year of our lives, we hear "No"!!! As parents we teach our children many, many things they should not do. "No" is an indispensable tool of parenthood!!!

To me, the question naturally follows: Why should our father, God, be different in his treatment of us?


"No"can be a good thing!!! God says "No"to even the best of us...



2 Corinthians, Chapter 12 (World English Bible)
7 By reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted excessively, a thorn in the flesh was given to me: a messenger of Satan to torment me, that I should not be exalted excessively.  8 Concerning this thing, I begged the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  9 He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me.
Aside from Jesus (and possibly Moses), Paul was perhaps the greatest follower of God that ever lived. He did more to promote the will of God on Earth than anyone else. I am constantly amazed at his humility and fortitude. Yet he was not a perfect man, because it seems apparent to me from verse 7 above that if exalted enough he might be prone to pride.  But, his "thorn in the flesh" accomplished God's purpose, as Paul came to the point where he could "glory in my weakness".

Has God been giving you a lot of "No" answers to your prayers? I pray that you are able to discern the "why"! Perhaps reading the newspaper article in this post might give you some insight...? 

Whatever happens, continue to pray- eventually you will understand and be blessed for it. Remember, God really loves you and always wants the best for you. Trust and obey is not just for hymns, but rather your LIFE!!!