3/17/17

The unseen picture by Gary Rose

Promises

Joy

Adoration
Three pictures, one theme- Love. But, somehow I couldn't find a picture that described what God was thinking when he decided to show mercy on his wayward creatures, human beings. 

I suppose that for many of us, a picture of Jesus hanging on the cross would have been perfect, but to my mind, no picture could adequately do justice to the perfection of the supreme being whose essence is Spirit.

Instead, I would ask that you reflect upon this passage from Paul's letter to the Ephesians....


Ephesians, Chapter 2 (World English Bible)
 1 You were made alive when you were dead in transgressions and sins,  2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the children of disobedience.  3 We also all once lived among them in the lusts of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.  4 But God, being rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us,  5 even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— (Emp. added vss. 4,5, GDR) 6 and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,  7 that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus;  8 for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,  9 not of works, that no one would boast.  10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them.


The Father sent Jesus to die for us, to bless mere human beings. Human beings that had shown a propensity for disobedience in the extreme. Yet, somewhere in the essence of the Almighty, love and mercy existed to such a degree that self-sacrifice was the result.

When I consider my life, I wonder how God could do this for me, but I guess I will never know until I enter heaven. You know, I just realized that I have found the perfect picture to describe God's love after all.

Just look into it for awhile and you will see what I mean.

Let me hold it up for you....