4/21/17

Beyond beautiful! by Gary Rose

This picture brings back a memory from long ago- Mr. Rodgers. Mr Rodgers used to say something like: Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  His pleasant attitude and easy-going way is something I am unlikely to ever forget.  And today is a beautiful day out there- very pleasant indeed!!!

And what makes it pleasant?  The Psalmist says....

Psalm 118 (World English Bible)
 19 Open to me the gates of righteousness. 
I will enter into them. 
I will give thanks to Yah. 

  20 This is the gate of Yahweh; 
the righteous will enter into it. 

  21 I will give thanks to you, for you have answered me, 
and have become my salvation. 

  22 The stone which the builders rejected 
has become the cornerstone.

  23 This is Yahweh’s doing. 
It is marvelous in our eyes. 


  24 This is the day that Yahweh has made. 

We will rejoice and be glad in it!
(emp. added vss. 22-24)

Nice days come and go, but the God of Heaven (Yahweh) has made a way of righteousness for me, even ME!!!  The stone the builders rejected (Jesus) seems brighter to me than any warming sun or gentle breeze that could ever be.  Marvelous, simply marvelous!!! I will rejoice in today because I have hope in "the stone", the foundation of my future. Rejoice, be glad; there is something more wonderful ahead of us- life beyond life and joy beyond joy- forever!!!!!

Amen and Amen!!!!