4/6/17

Praise by Gary Rose

What is the otter doing? Praying, of course! Do animals really pray? I can't get inside their brains to know, but I am guessing YES! Why?

Because of the following Psalm...


Psalm 148 (World English Bible)
 1 Praise Yah! 
Praise Yahweh from the heavens! 
Praise him in the heights! 

  2 Praise him, all his angels! 
Praise him, all his army! 

  3 Praise him, sun and moon! 
Praise him, all you shining stars! 

  4 Praise him, you heavens of heavens, 
you waters that are above the heavens. 

  5 Let them praise Yahweh’s name, 
for he commanded, and they were created. 

  6 He has also established them forever and ever. 
He has made a decree which will not pass away. 

  7 Praise Yahweh from the earth, 
you great sea creatures, and all depths;
(emp. added vs. 7)
  8 lightning and hail, snow and clouds; 
stormy wind, fulfilling his word; 

  9 mountains and all hills; 
fruit trees and all cedars; 

  10 wild animals and all livestock; 
small creatures and flying birds; (emp. added vs. 10)

  11 kings of the earth and all peoples; 
princes and all judges of the earth; 

  12 both young men and maidens; 
old men and children: 

  13 let them praise Yahweh’s name, 
for his name alone is exalted. 
His glory is above the earth and the heavens. 

  14 He has lifted up the horn of his people, 
the praise of all his saints, 
even of the children of Israel, a people near to him. 
Praise Yah!


 I think its safe to say that all of God's creation should praise him (and praise is a form of prayer)!  How inanimate objects, angels and temporary things like lightening praise him is really beyond me, but the Bible says it- I just need to understand. For that matter, how creatures like the otter praise is beyond me as well. I only know that animals have feelings and perhaps their praise is just that, but again, I will continue to attempt understanding.

Right about now, some of you are crying- Photoshop, Photoshop!! In fact, the picture could be a manipulation, but does it really matter? After all I am not responsible for what the rest of creation does, just myself- and I will praise God as long as I have breath!!! I hope you can say the same!!!!!

ps. I have been sick lately and it is amazing to me how my dog "Pal" seems to know what's going on. Also, his efforts to comfort me are obvious and greatly appreciated. I wonder- has he been praying for ME????