5/3/17

Location, location by Gary Rose

Over the past year, I have enjoyed these "Little Church Mouse" pictures. I have found them to be insightful and thought provoking. Today's picture is no exception. It made me think of the end of all things - the last chapter of the Bible. Here it is...


Revelation, Chapter 22 (World English Bible)
1 He showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb, 2 in the middle of its street. On this side of the river and on that was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruits, yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  3 There will be no curse any more. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will serve him.  4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.  5 There will be no night, and they need no lamp light or sun light; for the Lord God will illuminate them. They will reign forever and ever. 

  12  “Behold, I come quickly. My reward is with me, to repay to each man according to his work.   13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.   14  Blessed are those who do his commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city.   15 Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.   16  I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”


To see God face to face and to be illuminated with light and insight will be the ultimate happiness; something to ponder into the wee hours of the morning. At first, I was just going to post the first four verses, but as I continued to read the chapter in its entirely, I was struck by the intensity of Jesus' comments!!!

Everyone will be repayed  according to what they have done (their works- vs. 12, above) and some will not be allowed to enter (vs. 15).  Having read these passages, only one question remains (one that we all must ask)....

Will I be on the inside or the outside?