5/2/17

Now! by Gary Rose

Yesterday, my daughter Melissa from New Jersey called and asked if I was coming up in June for Shauna's high school graduation.  I told her that I was not up to the trip and she said: "Then why didn't you call and tell us"? Sadly, I told her- I had put off telling her because I knew it was bad news and I had procrastinated.

Nobody likes to admit they have faults- procrastination is one of mine. Generally, I like to think and think and then think some more before I make important decisions. Once I do make a decision- then I go full throttle!! (well, most of the time, anyway)

Could it be that there are others out there who are like me? If so, the apostle Paul has a message for you....


2 Corinthians, Chapter 6 (World English Bible)
  1 Working together, we entreat also that you do not receive the grace of God in vain,  2 for he says, 

“At an acceptable time I listened to you. 

In a day of salvation I helped you.”

Behold, now is the acceptable time. Behold, now is the day of salvation.
(emp added, GDR)


Now, now is the time to turn from the darkness of sin towards the light of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ!!! Why NOW? Because you might not get another opportunity- That's why!!!  

It was difficult to explain to Melissa WHY I had put off my decision, but can you imagine yourself explaining to GOD why you put HIM off?