5/23/17

P-R-A-Y!!! by Gary Rose

Nice acrostic and a nice message as well. Prayer is an important aspect of our relationship with God. To me, it is the merger of your heart with God; comprised of feelings, desires, faith, trust and obedience.

I wonder what God thinks of those who refuse to obey HIM when they pray? Does it put an obstacle in the way of their prayers? Do their actions speak louder than their words? Will their actions keep them from heaven?

Jesus says...


Matthew, Chapter 7 (World English Bible)
  18  A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.   19  Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.  20  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.   21  Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.   22  Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works? 23  Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’ (emp. added vs. 21-23)


A person may do may fine things in the name of Jesus, but if they do iniquity (vs. 23c, above) they are in big trouble.

My Wordnet dictionary defines iniquity as...
1. iniquity, wickedness, darkness, dark -- (absence of moral or spiritual values; "the powers of darkness")
2. evil, immorality, wickedness, iniquity -- (morally objectionable behavior)
3. injustice, unfairness, iniquity, shabbiness -- (an unjust act)

All this sounds horrible, but prayer is a matter of the heart and if the heart is wicked, there is only one remedy- Jesus!!!  Change your ways and turn to Jesus for help! 

I know this is true because Jesus has helped me and will help everyone who truly turns to him!!!

In short, pray, but make sure you truly obey (or, if you like- yield) as well!!!!