5/18/17

Truth or phony baloney? by Gary Rose

Dogs sniff; its what they do! This dog can't seem to tell the difference between a live animal and a chalk drawing??? Why? No idea, but my guess is that it probably has cataracts and really doesn't see very well. Hard to believe; well, people have trouble seeing things too... 


John, Chapter 14 (World English Bible)
 1  “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.   2  In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.   3  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.   4  You know where I go, and you know the way.” 

  5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 

  6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. (emp. added vs. 6)


This may be a surprising concept to some, but Christians are to be like Jesus, God's Christ! If you notice, Jesus kept referring to the Scriptures as the basis of his thinking. He sought truth and fought religious error, yet spoke with kindness to those who were receptive to God's will. Jesus strove to do the will of the father above all else and proclaimed an unvarnished truth because HE WAS THE TRUTH SENT FROM GOD! 

OK, were am I going with this? Christians, be like Jesus! Know truth from error and don't be fooled by those who pretend to be something they are not. Use the Scriptures as the basis for your beliefs, not man-made creeds or religious traditions. Be like JESUS!!!

As I look at the picture once again, one question keeps coming to the forefront of my thinking- Did that dog eventually realize it was only chalk and PEE ON IT???  I hope so.