6/16/17

Anticipation of the better day by Gary Rose

I have always looked forward to Friday, the last day of the standard work week. Somehow, on Friday's, it was always easier to smile, to tell a joke or just plain have an attitude of happiness.

An then there is this picture...


Frankly, I always loved weekends, with Saturday's errand emphasis and Sunday being a day to relax. And, I think what made the upcoming weekend great was that I knew that the pressure would soon be off and I could forget my troubles for awhile.

Now, in retirement, the weekends are not as important as they used to be (with the exception of The Lord's day, of course), but I still remember that anticipation of release and smile. Oh, not that "fake" cat smile, but a "knowing" one- one that awaits a forever weekend in heaven.

The Scripture says...

Titus, Chapter 2 (WEB)
 11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we would live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present age;  13 looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, (emp. added, vs. 13) 14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify for himself a people for his own possession, zealous for good works.
And await I do. Today, I would like to end with a commentary and a prayer all rolled up into one. This doesn't come from me, but rather from Scripture, which says...

Revelation, Chapter 22 (WEB)
 20 He who testifies these things says, “Yes, I come quickly.” 

Amen! Yes, come, Lord Jesus. 
  21 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with all the saints. Amen.
To these things I add my own "AMEN" and hope you do as well!!!

Your friend,
Gary