7/19/17

Paradoxes, pride and discipleship by Gary Rose

I will tell you a secret; although those of you who know me, will already know that it is not a secret to my friends. I love to kid around. To me, life that is without humor is not much of a life.  So, being lighthearted is something I strive after (especially around good friends). Otherwise, I may become a grouch and take myself too seriously (which is usually, NOT a good thing).

Integral to these things are are two concepts, nonsense and fantasy, with a shot of perspective which puts reality into common sense. And it is perspective that is most important of all. For perspective will foster humility and that quality will help one be receptive to God.

Jesus said...


Matthew, Chapter 18 (WEB)

 1 In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?” 


  2 Jesus called a little child to himself, and set him in the middle of them,  3 and said, “Most certainly I tell you, unless you turn, and become as little children, you will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.   4  Whoever therefore humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. 


Talk about perspective- humility is greatness. Now, that is a different take on life. Jesus emphasized its importance, so all who desire to follow HIM, must as well.

Having said all this- be sure to get the right size telescope, otherwise you will think more of yourself than you really should!