8/21/17

Beauty, love and new beginnings... by Gary Rose

It's called a "Circus Rose" and it is beautiful!

"The orange colored rose meaning includes enthusiasm and captivation and is perfect for use in the beginning of new relationships. The warm and vibrant color also symbolizes attraction and admiration." 

(www.color-meanings.com/colors-of-roses-what-do-they-mean/) 

Naturally, I thought of the following passage from the Song of Solomon..


Song of Solomon (WEB)

  1 I am a rose of Sharon, 
a lily of the valleys. 

Upon reading a bit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_of_Sharon) I see that the Rose in this passage could mean a variety of flowers, but to me it will always be a Rose. More than that, it will always be a reference to Jesus, whose beautiful love is beyond description.

Remember....

John, Chapter 13 (WEB)
 1 Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that his time had come that he would depart from this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

Somehow, the song "Jesus loves me" just won't leave my thoughts- What a nice way to start the week!!!!