9/1/17

The importance of the unimportant by Gary Rose


It has been 50 years since I graduated from high school. So much has changed since 1967 that it almost seems unbelievable!!! While much of what I learned has faded from memory, typing has stayed with me. Well, keyboarding, anyway. And while electric typewriters are pretty much obsolete, we learned on MANUAL typewriters (without electricity)!!!  Now, they would be considered stone-age tools!!!!

As I looked at the picture, I thought about how some things that seemed useless, later proved to be important. And then I thought of John Mark...


Acts, Chapter 15 (World English Bible)
  36 After some days Paul said to Barnabas, “Let’s return now and visit our brothers in every city in which we proclaimed the word of the Lord, to see how they are doing.”  37 Barnabas planned to take John, who was called Mark, with them also.  38 But Paul didn’t think that it was a good idea to take with them someone who had withdrawn from them in Pamphylia, and didn’t go with them to do the work.  39 Then the contention grew so sharp that they separated from each other. Barnabas took Mark with him and sailed away to Cyprus,  40 but Paul chose Silas and went out, being commended by the brothers to the grace of God.


2 Timothy, Chapter 2 (WEB)
 11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for service.

In Paul's last epistle, he makes a very positive statement about Mark. What a change from the argument of Acts 15. Things change. People change. We never, ever, really know what the future may bring.

Remember: With God, all things are possible!!!

PS. Having said all this, I remember that I almost didn't take typing, because it was an elective and considered a "girls'" class!!! Who knew!!!