10/3/17

Incredible!!! by Gary Rose











Over the past few years, my wife and I have gravitated to watching "vet" shows. Dr.Pol, Dr.Chris.,Dr. Jeff and several others have become a staple in our home.

The vast majority of times I have seen cow birthings, a single calf was born. Once in a great while, twins- but I have never seen anything more than that.

So, you can imagine how surprised I was to see this picture of a cow with four calves. Amazing, simply amazing!!!

Just for a moment, consider an old man, say someone in his 90's (with a wife about his age) being told that he will have children like the stars in the heaven. This is not just a hypothetical scenario, but history. And it is found in the book of Genesis... 


Genesis, Chapter 15 (World English Bible)

 1 After these things Yahweh’s word came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Don’t be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” 

  2 Abram said, “Lord Yahweh, what will you give me, since I go childless, and he who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?”  3 Abram said, “Behold, you have given no children to me: and, behold, one born in my house is my heir.” 

  4 Behold, Yahweh’s word came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir, but he who will come out of your own body will be your heir.”  5 Yahweh brought him outside, and said, “Look now toward the sky, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” He said to Abram, “So your offspring will be.”  6 He believed in Yahweh, who credited it to him for righteousness.



How many untold thousands upon thousands of people have believed God like Abraham? Only God knows. This bit of history shows us how God can bless those who trust in HIM. 

While having four calves is impressive, it is nothing to that of children numbering in the quantity of the stars of heaven!!!

TRULY, WE HAVE AN AWESOME GOD!!!


P.S. I can only wonder if that cows' calves will be as productive as her. If the markings on their heads mean anything- three out of four isn't bad!!!