5/16/18

Memories and blessings by Gary Rose




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXJQD0Xixk 
 (click on the above title or paste the link into your web browser to hear it)

This afternoon, as I sat down to compose my blog, I noticed this "antique" picture of an excerpt from the hymn "Leaning on the everlasting arms" and immediately thought of brother Arthur Blackwell (from Old Bridge, New Jersey) singing during one of our Bible Studies at his home. It was one of his favorite hymns and he would always sing it with gusto. He has been with the LORD for many years now, but listening to this hymn always brings back a wonderful memory of him.

I couldn't remember all the words, so I googled a bit an found this delightful accapella rendition. As always, it had a peaceful, reassuring effect on me and the result was that I thought of this passage from the Gospel of John...


John, Chapter 14 (World English Bible)
 23  Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him. 
  24  He who doesn’t love me doesn’t keep my words. The word which you hear isn’t mine, but the Father’s who sent me. 
  25  I have said these things to you, while still living with you. 
  26  But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and will remind you of all that I said to you.
  27  Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don’t let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful.   (emphasis added)

And


Deuteronomy, Chapter 33 (WEB)
  26 “There is no one like God, Jeshurun,
who rides on the heavens for your help,
in his excellency on the skies.

  27 The eternal God is your dwelling place.

Underneath are the everlasting arms. ... (emphasis added)



This hymn and the blessings of the Scriptures above have "made my day"!!!

I sincerely hope that you will be blessed as well!!!!

Your friend,

Gary