5/9/18

Truth by Gary Rose



For far too many years we have been lied to. By who you may ask. My answer is- almost everyone. Government, the media, teachers, scientists- you name it!!!

Everyone wants to put a "spin" on the truth! People are so fed up with this state of affairs they finally elected someone who "says what he means and means what he says"; yes, I do mean Donald Trump! Is he a perfect man?; absolutely not, yet he is the best this country has to offer!

The problem is: It is hard to know what is the truth (with all the lying going on).

I turn to the Bible for truth. Read on...


1 Kings, Chapter 13 (WEB)
1 Behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by Yahweh’s word to Beth El: and Jeroboam was standing by the altar to burn incense.
  2 He cried against the altar by Yahweh’s word, and said, “Altar, altar, thus says Yahweh: ‘Behold, a son shall be born to the house of David, Josiah by name. On you he shall sacrifice the priests of the high places who burn incense on you, and they will burn men’s bones on you.’”
  3 He gave a sign the same day, saying, “This is the sign which Yahweh has spoken: Behold, the altar will be split apart, and the ashes that are on it will be poured out.” 

  4  When the king heard the saying of the man of God, which he cried against the altar in Bethel, Jeroboam put out his hand from the altar, saying, “Seize him!” His hand, which he put out against him, dried up, so that he could not draw it back again to himself.
  5 The altar also was split apart, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by Yahweh’s word.
  6 The king answered the man of God, “Now entreat the favor of Yahweh your God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again.” 

The man of God entreated Yahweh, and the king’s hand was restored him again, and became as it was before. 
  7  The king said to the man of God, “Come home with me, and refresh yourself, and I will give you a reward.” 

  8  The man of God said to the king, “Even if you gave me half of your house, I would not go in with you, neither would I eat bread nor drink water in this place;
  9 for so was it commanded me by Yahweh’s word, saying, ‘You shall eat no bread, nor drink water, neither return by the way that you came.’”
  10 So he went another way, and didn’t return by the way that he came to Bethel. 

  11  Now there lived an old prophet in Bethel; and one of his sons came and told him all the works that the man of God had done that day in Bethel. They also told their father the words which he had spoken to the king. 

  12  Their father said to them, “Which way did he go?” Now his sons had seen which way the man of God went, who came from Judah.
  13 He said to his sons, “Saddle the donkey for me.” So they saddled the donkey for him; and he rode on it.
  14 He went after the man of God, and found him sitting under an oak. He said to him, “Are you the man of God who came from Judah?” 

He said, “I am.”
  15 Then he said to him, “Come home with me, and eat bread.” 

  16  He said, “I may not return with you, nor go in with you; neither will I eat bread nor drink water with you in this place.
  17 For it was said to me by Yahweh’s word, ‘You shall eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that you came.’” 

  18  He said to him, “I also am a prophet as you are; and an angel spoke to me by Yahweh’s word, saying, ‘Bring him back with you into your house, that he may eat bread and drink water.’” He lied to him. 
  19  So he went back with him, and ate bread in his house, and drank water.
  20 As they sat at the table, Yahweh’s word came to the prophet who brought him back;
  21 and he cried to the man of God who came from Judah, saying, “Thus says Yahweh, ‘Because you have been disobedient to the mouth of Yahweh, and have not kept the commandment which Yahweh your God commanded you,
  22
 but came back, and have eaten bread and drunk water in the place of which he said to you, “Eat no bread, and drink no water”; your body shall not come to the tomb of your fathers.’” (emphasis added)

  23  After he had eaten bread, and after he had drunk, he saddled the donkey for the prophet whom he had brought back.
  24 When he had gone, a lion met him by the way and killed him. His body was cast on the path, and the donkey stood by it. The lion also stood by the body.


And


Galatians, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 6  I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different “good news”;
  7 and there isn’t another “good news.” Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Christ.
  8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any “good news” other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
  9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any “good news” other than that which you received, let him be cursed.
(emphasis added)


Truth relating to the things of this world are one thing, but if you accept a lie about the things relating to God, the consequences are forever.


Consider...


John, Chapter 8 (WEB)
  31 Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. 
  32  You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” *

  33  They answered him, “We are Abraham’s seed, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How do you say, ‘You will be made free’ ?” 

  34  Jesus answered them, “Most certainly I tell you, everyone who commits sin is the bondservant of sin. 
  35  A bondservant doesn’t live in the house forever. A son remains forever. 
  36  If therefore the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. 
  37  I know that you are Abraham’s seed, yet you seek to kill me, because my word finds no place in you. 
  38  I say the things which I have seen with my Father; and you also do the things which you have seen with your father.” 

  39  They answered him, “Our father is Abraham.” 

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 
  40  But now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God. Abraham didn’t do this. 
  41  You do the works of your father.” 

They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father, God.” 
  42  Therefore Jesus said to them, “If God were your father, you would love me, for I came out and have come from God. For I haven’t come of myself, but he sent me. 
  43  Why don’t you understand my speech? Because you can’t hear my word. 
  44  You are of your father, the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and doesn’t stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks on his own; for he is a liar, and its father. 
  45  But because I tell the truth, you don’t believe me. 
  46  Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 
  47  He who is of God hears the words of God. For this cause you don’t hear, because you are not of God.” 

  48  Then the Jews answered him, “Don’t we say well that you are a Samaritan, and have a demon?” 

  49  Jesus answered, “I don’t have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. 
  50  But I don’t seek my own glory. There is one who seeks and judges. 
  51  Most certainly, I tell you, if a person keeps my word, he will never see death.” 

  52  Then the Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets; and you say, ‘If a man keeps my word, he will never taste of death.’ 
  53 Are you greater than our father, Abraham, who died? The prophets died. Who do you make yourself out to be?” 

  54  Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is our God. 
  55  You have not known him, but I know him. If I said, ‘I don’t know him,’ I would be like you, a liar. But I know him, and keep his word. 
  56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day. He saw it, and was glad.” 

  57  The Jews therefore said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 

  58  Jesus said to them, “Most certainly, I tell you, before Abraham came into existence, I AM.  

  59
  Therefore they took up stones to throw at him, but Jesus was hidden, and went out of the temple, having gone through their midst, and so passed by. (emphasis added)

The Jews would not believe Jesus and wanted to kill him for telling them the truth. 


The question remains: 

What will you do about Jesus;
accept or reject him???