6/18/18

Reflections on time and life by Gary Rose

Sunrise
Sunset
A picture from the wedding scene of "Fiddler on the roof"

Click on the link below to view...


Or, use the link below...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLEBAQLZ3Q


Now that the warmer weather has arrived to sunny Florida, I am making an effort to go to bed earlier and arise before dawn. Why would I want to do this? To beat the heat that all to soon arrives around nine in the morning, that's why!!

So, as I walked my dog Pal this morning, it was  at sunrise- and a beautiful one it was too- I wish I had brought my camera!!!   Instead, I went to the internet for a picture of a sunrise and as I did , I thought to get  one of a sunset as well (for contrast).

And as I looked at those contrasting pictures (above) I thought of a "American sign language class" that Linda and I took in the very early 80's.   A portion of the class was to learn how to "sign" the song "Sunrise, Sunset" from the  "Fiddler on the roof".

The  video is  included and a picture of the father of the bride, reflecting on the passage of time. How fast goes our life!!!  The following quote from the book of James echoes this thought!!!!


James, Chapter 4, (World English Bible)
 13  Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow let’s go into this city, and spend a year there, trade, and make a profit.”  14 Whereas you don’t know what your life will be like tomorrow. For what is your life? For you are a vapor, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away.  (emphasis added)15 For you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will both live, and do this or that.”  


And what does the  "preacher" from the book of Ecclesiastes say?


  Ecclesiastes, Chapter 11  (WEB)
8 Yes, if a man lives many years, let him rejoice in them all;
but let him remember the days of darkness, for they shall be many.
All that comes is vanity.
  9 Rejoice, young man, in your youth,
and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth,
and walk in the ways of your heart,
and in the sight of your eyes;
but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.   
(emphasis added)
  10 Therefore remove sorrow from your heart,
and put away evil from your flesh;
for youth and the dawn of life are vanity. 

And...

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 12 (WEB)
13  This is the end of the matter. All has been heard. Fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.  14 For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it is good, or whether it is evil.     (emphasis added)


Today, I  plan to reflect upon what God has done for me and  how I may show my gratitude and love for HIM! 


I hope that you will do the same!!!!