1/7/19

Ambiguity? by Gary Rose



Is is 6 or 9? Now, that’s a very good question! Could be either, couldn’t it? This example of ambiguity is inconsequential. Apply ambiguity to eternal matters such as salvation and suddenly it becomes incredibly important. Look around at the “religious” world; common sense will tell you that everyone simply cannot be correct. If everyone is correct, then no one is.
So then, how do we know what is right and what is not? My answer is look to Jesus and follow what HE teaches. This narrows things down a lot. Jesus died for the sins we have committed and rose again from death for us. No Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or any of a thousand or more ways can say this. Only Jesus. Consider this…


John 14 ( World English Bible )
 1  “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.   2  In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.   3  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.   4  Where I go, you know, and you know the way.” 

  5  Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 

  6  Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.   (emphasis added)


Want to go to heaven when you die? Jesus points right to himself; HE and HE ALONE is THE way, THE truth and THE life. Period. Accept this and obey the truth of the Gospel and live.

I really don’t care about mundane, unimportant matters such as whether something is a 6 or a 9 (depending on your angle), but I do care about getting to heaven. Jesus is the answer to going there and it is up to all of us to either believe it or not?

Do you?