7/8/19

Look! by Gary Rose



Over the past year or so, my TV choices have changed; I now watch more nature shows, more survival stories and of course, more veterinarian (aka, dog) programs.


They all lead me to the outdoors and it was no surprise when I thought of using the above picture for today’s post. And, speaking of that picture… I wonder what that man on that precarious ledge is pondering? I think the following Psalm might give us a hint. Read on…


Psalm 8 ( World English Bible )
Psa 8:1, For the Chief Musician; on an instrument of Gath. A Psalm by David. Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth, who has set your glory above the heavens!
Psa 8:2, From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength, because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger.
Psa 8:3, When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
Psa 8:4, what is man, that you think of him? What is the son of man, that you care for him?
Psa 8:5, For you have made him a little lower than God,* and crowned him with glory and honor.
Psa 8:6, You make him ruler over the works of your hands. You have put all things under his feet:
Psa 8:7, All sheep and cattle, yes, and the animals of the field,
Psa 8:8, The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea, and whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
Psa 8:9, Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!


If I were that man on the ledge, I would be marveling at the wonders of name and probably thinking: Where is God? And, the answer would be obvious- In all of creation. And anyone who could do such a wondrous work must be far beyond anything I can imagine. Such a being would be wondrous beyond description in all that HE is and does.

Where is God? look to the heavens and all that is around you. Look! There HE is...