7/22/19

Thankful by Gary Rose



Bruce Arnold sent me this picture the other day; wow, that’s hot. And I thought the summer in Florida was almost unbearable. Central New Jersey is worse this year. At that moment I remembered: No matter how bad things seem, someone is worse off than you are and I should be thankful.

The Psalmist has said…


Psalm 118 ( World English Bible )
 1 Give thanks to Yahweh, for he is good,
for his
loving kindness endures forever.
  
2 Let Israel now say
that his
loving kindness endures forever.
  
3 Let the house of Aaron now say
that his
loving kindness endures forever.
  
4 Now let those who fear Yahweh say
that his
loving kindness endures forever.


Loving kindness” is just another way of saying “Mercy” and God shows his mercy to us in many ways on a daily basis. Do we have enough food to eat, a place to live, or a job to go to. Many, many people long for these things. In fact, Americans are truly blessed among all the peoples of the earth.

Today, I will try to appreciate the 90 plus temperatures of Florida, knowing that there are other places who have to endure temperatures far worse. I will remember that God is merciful to me in a host of ways and that his mercy is in fact, loving kindness. Praise God for all the good that HE does for me everyday; and let me be truly thankful!