1/29/20

Enjoy yourselves by Gary Rose



Can you smell a butterfly? I never tried to; so I don’t know. Well, perhaps that fox can; again, I don’t know. But, I wonder, is the fox smelling the butterfly or is the butterfly somehow enjoying the fox? Perhaps its a mutual thing or something else. Face it, we will never know, but we can appreciate the beauty of the scene. The world around us is a beautiful place and I know could benefit from a little contemplation about God’s wonderful creation and worry a whole lot less. Jesus said:

Matthew 6 ( English Majority Text Version )
  [26]  Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap, nor do they gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth more than they? 
  [27]  And which of you by worrying is able to add one cubit to his height? 
  [28]  So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither labor, nor spin; 
  [29]  and yet I say to you, that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed like one of these. 

And then there is this verse from the very first book of the Bible:

Genesis 1 ( The Apostles’ Bible )
[31] And God saw all the things that He had made, and behold, they were very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

For the past week or so, we have been inundated with information about the impeachment of Donald Trump and both my wife and I realized that we were sick of watching such nonsense, for it seems incredibly obvious that all this was just political hatred couched in governmental legitimacy. And as I looked at the picture of a fox and a butterfly, I felt good once again, for there really is a lot of good out there- all we have to do is just look.

Today, take a little time to consider the greatness of what God has done; in the physical world around us and in our lives through Jesus.

Enjoy yourselves!