1/24/20

Who knows you? by Gary Rose




Those who know me are well aware that from time to time I enjoy playing with words. Puns, jokes, and the stuff of humor of all sorts (within the limits of propriety) are a sheer pleasure to me. Sometimes, though, I enjoy a more philosophical or perhaps even an intellectual view of things and yes, I even can get “down” occasionally. Point is, that I am a complex being, and it takes a while to get to know me. This is true for everyone I have ever known, for who can really completely understand another’s thinking, background, lifestyle and world-view. The drawing shows just the thought to understanding aspect of communication between people, but if you take in the TOTAL PERSON, then, we must ask the question: who can really understand another human being? My answer, God can; for David said in the 139th psalm…


Psalm 139 ( The Apostle’s Bible )
  [1] For the end, A Psalm of David. O Lord, You have proved me, and known me.  [2] You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thoughts long before.  [3] You have traced my path and my bed, and have foreseen all my ways.  [4] For there is no unrighteous word on my tongue: behold, O Lord, You have known all things,  [5] the last and the first: You have fashioned me, and laid Your hand upon me. [6] The knowledge of You is too wonderful for me; it is very difficult, I cannot attain to it.  [7] Where shall I go from Your Spirit? And to where shall I flee from Your presence?  [8] If I should go up to heaven, You are there: if I should go down to hell, You are present.  [9] If I should spread my wings to fly straight forward, and sojourn at the extremity of the sea, it would be vain,  [10] for even there Your hand would guide me, and Your right hand would hold me.  [11] When I said, Surely the darkness will cover me; even the night was light in my luxury.  [12] For darkness will not be darkness with You; but night will be light as day. As its darkness, so shall its light be to You.  [13] For You, O Lord, have possessed my reins; You have helped me from my mother's womb.


God knows everything about us, literally everything, and yet he loves us anyway. Paul said to the Roman church:
Romans 5 ( English Majority Text Version )
 [6] For while we were still weak, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
  
[7] For scarcely on behalf of a righteous man will anyone die; though perhaps for a good man someone might even dare to die.
  
[8] But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
  
[9] Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
  
[10] For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved by His life.


Think about all this for a moment: someone knows you completely and loves you anyway! This is my definition of a true friend. Why not be Jesus’ friend?
Jesus said:
John 15 ( EMTV )
  [13]  Greater love has no one than this, that one should lay down his life for his friends.
  
[14]  You are My friends if you do what I command you. 

And

Matthew 28 ( EMTV )
 [18] And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
  [19]  Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
  [20]  teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. 

So, what’s keeping you? Do what Jesus is telling you and live with him forever? Understand yet? If not, go to Acts 2:14-47 for more information. Still don’t get it; contact me and I will help. Why would I do this? Because I can never have enough friends and also Matthew 28: 18-20 of course!