4/27/20

Do it! by Gary Rose



Two messages in two words and two horizontal lines; cool. Sometimes you just come across things that seem to be written “just for you”. Yesterday, I was a bit discouraged about my efforts at learning Koine Greek and I thought of quitting. Then, when I sat down to find some images for tomorrow’s post, I came up empty and I thought of quitting. Then, just before turning off the computer in exasperation, I saw this picture. I thought: Wow, that was a quick answer! Don’t quit, do it! I felt like Mark Harmon of N.C.I.S. fame had just given me one of those famous “wake up dummy” slaps directly on the back of my head. Or, perhaps God was telling me something? The Apostle Paul said…

Galatians 6 ( World English Bible )
 [9] Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we don’t give up.  [10] So then, as we have opportunity, let’s do what is good toward all men, and especially toward those who are of the household of the faith.

We all need encouragement from time to time, but if we think of the end results of our efforts and the positive reasons for doing the good things we do, then we just might not quit and continue to be the best we can be. Today is a new day and my focus will be:

Don’t quit! 
 
How about you?