4/20/20

Remember by Gary Rose


New York City before 911. Beautiful isn’t it? I remember seeing it from the sky a few days after the destruction of 2001 and that image will be part of my memory forever. What happened on 911 was terrible, but there is another side to that memory. With all that happened, I remember The U.S.A. uniting as I had never seen it do so in my lifetime and that was a wonderful thing to behold.

Question: What do we do when faced with something awful, something life-changing, something totally out of our control? Here is one man’s reaction to such a situation...

2 Kings 20 ( World English Bible )
  [1] In those days Hezekiah was sick and dying. Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him, and said to him, “Yahweh says, ‘Set your house in order; for you will die, and not live.’”
  [2] Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed to Yahweh, saying,  [3] “Remember now, Yahweh, I beg you, how I have walked before you in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly. 
  
[4] Before Isaiah had gone out into the middle part of the city, Yahweh’s word came to him, saying, [5] “Turn back, and tell Hezekiah the prince of my people, ‘Yahweh, the God of David your father, says, “I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears. Behold, I will heal you. On the third day, you will go up to Yahweh’s house.  [6] I will add to your days fifteen years. I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my own sake, and for my servant David’s sake.”’” 

Today, people all over the world are suffering from the Coronavirus. Several million people have been infected that we know about, with probably several million more out there. What would we do if faced with a death sentence as a result of this disease? Hopefully, we will remember Hezekiah’s example and turn to God for help. I can only tell you that from my own personal experience that God does answer prayer and numerous times has provided for me in ways I just never thought possible. Remember the twin towers, not as a symbol of the evil that was done, but rather that America pulled together and became greater as a result. Also, remember Hezekiah- he turned to God and was blessed. Good example to remember and follow. You will be blessed if you turn to God in your hour of need. Why? Because God loves you and will bless the one who has a contrite heart. Trust God, pray for our nation and watch what happens.