5/25/20

Focus by Gary Rose




What a picture; I liked it so much that I framed it. What focus, what intense concentration, what determination! There is absolutely NO doubt that this hawk will not stop until it lays hold of its prey. Oh, how I wish every Christian had the focus that this bird obviously has. When I look at this picture, I think of one person...


Philippians 3 ( World English Bible )

8 Yes most certainly, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord, for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and count them nothing but refuse, that I may gain Christ

9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;

10 that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death;

11 if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

12 Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, if it is so that I may take hold of that for which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus.


13 Brothers, I don’t regard myself as yet having taken hold, but one thing I do. Forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before,

14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


The Apostle Paul had focus. His life had a singular goal; to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the world – and he did! Today, fellow Christian, let the focus of your day be expressed in a singular question:


Am I totally committed to the cause of Christ?


PS. I pray that the answer is – YES!