6/12/20

Family by Gary Rose



Recently, we started watching “The Waltons” again. Yesterday, I said to my wife, Linda: “Why don’t they make shows like this anymore”? She didn’t have and answer and neither do I. I assume that the TV is probably a reflection of society and families like the Walton’s are not as common as they were in the 1940’s. But, they do exist and they can be found – in the church. But, what is a family anyway? Jesus said…


Matthew 12 ( World English Bible )

46 While he was yet speaking to the multitudes, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, seeking to speak to him.

47 One said to him, “Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, seeking to speak to you.”

48 But he answered him who spoke to him, "“Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?”"

49 He stretched out his hand towards his disciples, and said, "“Behold, my mother and my brothers! "

50 "For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.”"


I go to church to be with my spiritual family, Christians. They are what they are; from the very, very religious to the person just taking up space in the pew, but everyone there does care about one another. Feeling a little envious yet? You don’t have to be- just stop by some Sunday. We’ll leave the light on for you!