6/10/20

Knowledge, Pride and Trust by Gary Rose


Now, this is odd; A lightening bolt hitting hitting the sea. Never seen that before. But, the world is full of things new-to-me, so just another day to learn something new. And, with this the question is raised: Exactly what is going on here; I thought lightening was attracted to metal, not the sea? Well, I don’t know the answer, but maybe I don’t need to know it, for reasons I simply could not fathom, if I tried to.

God reveals things in HIS own way at HIS own time. And I think it is done for our benefit, that we might not think to highly of ourselves than we should. Consider, if we knew everything about everything with absolute certainty, we just might think that we really do not even need God. Jesus said…


Matthew 11 ( World English Bible )

25 At that time, Jesus answered, "“I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants. "

26 "Yes, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in your sight. "

27 "All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son desires to reveal him."

28 "“Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. "

29 "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. "

30 "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”"


With more knowledge comes more puzzlement as there are more and more things to know as one keeps learning. Fortunately, we do not have to know everything, just enough to know what we need to to live and work in this world and of course to know God through the knowledge of his son, Jesus.

As I consider this, I remembered these passages from the Bible…


Deuteronomy 29 ( WEB )

29 The secret things belong to Yahweh our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.


2 Timothy 3 ( WEB )

15 From infancy, you have known the holy Scriptures which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus.

16 Every Scripture is God-breathed and * profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness,

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.


The God I know will help, instruct and guide me into all the wisdom I really need and that is enough, for after all, isn’t the Christian life all about trusting in God, anyway? So, TRUST GOD and live the best you can, with what you have, right now (wherever you may be)!


ps. I had a problem with the clarity of the picture at the top of the post, so I decided to play around with it a little. I changed some settings and then I saw it – that pole that the lightning had really hit. So, I guess lightning is still attracted to metal. Problem solved!