6/15/20

Today by Gary Rose




I awoke today, thinking of this old “Little Church Mouse” and the thought of Isaiah 6 running through my mind. Isaiah says…

Isaiah 6 ( World English Bible )

1 In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple.

2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each one had six wings. With two he covered his face. With two he covered his feet. With two he flew.

3 One called to another, and said,

“Holy, holy, holy, is Yahweh of Armies!

The whole earth is full of his glory!”


4 The foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 Then I said, “Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, Yahweh of Armies!”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar.

7 He touched my mouth with it, and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin forgiven.”

8 I heard the Lord’s voice, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”

Then I said, “Here I am. Send me!”


9 He said, “Go, and tell this people,

You hear indeed,

but don’t understand;

and you see indeed,

but don’t perceive.’

10 Make the heart of this people fat.

Make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes;

lest they see with their eyes,

and hear with their ears,

and understand with their heart,

and turn again, and be healed.”


And, as I sat down to write today’s blog, I thought of the following…


Matthew 28 ( WEB )

16 But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had sent them.

17 When they saw him, they bowed down to him, but some doubted.

18 Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, "“All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. "

19 "Go," * "and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "

20 "teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”" Amen.

Along with these things, one more passage came to mind….


1 Thessalonians 5 ( WEB )

1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need that anything be written to you.

2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.

3 For when they are saying, “Peace and safety,” then sudden destruction will come on them, like birth pains on a pregnant woman; and they will in no way escape.

4 But you, brothers, aren’t in darkness, that the day should overtake you like a thief.

5 You are all children of light, and children of the day. We don’t belong to the night, nor to darkness,

6 so then let’s not sleep, as the rest do, but let’s watch and be sober.

7 For those who sleep, sleep in the night, and those who are drunk are drunk in the night.

8 But let us, since we belong to the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and, for a helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God didn’t appoint us to wrath, but to the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Therefore exhort one another, and build each other up, even as you also do.

Note: See also Hebrews 3:13-15 and 1 Peter 3:15


Christianity is not meant to be a “keep it to yourself” religion; if we are to be faithful – we must do everything we can to share what God has done for us. Since the beginnings of Christianity, there has been a sense of urgency, for who knows what today may bring; The Lord may come or we may die. If you can not say with certainty that you have faithfully obeyed God in both becoming a Christian and faithfully living as one- then, right now is the time to change your situation and do something about your condition.

TODAY, NOT TOMORROW!