7/17/20

If I were a cat... by Gary Rose




What is your mood like today? Think about it for a moment and pick a number from 1-9 above which best describes your current mood. Frankly, I am not a cat person – I love Dogs! However, I am impressed with the wide range of emotion this little animal can express, for it does mimic human expressions.


Thought here: What about God? How does his face change? It must change, for we know that those who please him will receive a “Well done, good and faithful servant” or to those who displease him, “depart from me, for I never knew you”. So, the question arises: How can I be sure about the promises of God towards those who are faithful to HIM? And, I thought of these Scriptures…



Ephesians 3 ( World English Bible )

1 For this cause I, Paul, am the prisoner of Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles,

2 if it is so that you have heard of the administration of that grace of God which was given me toward you;

3 how that by revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I wrote before in few words,

4 by which, when you read, you can perceive my understanding in the mystery of Christ;

5 which in other generations was not made known to the children of men, as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;

6 that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of his promise in Christ Jesus through the Good News,

7 of which I was made a servant, according to the gift of that grace of God which was given me according to the working of his power.

8 To me, the very least of all saints, was this grace given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

9 and to make all men see what is the administration * of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God, who created all things through Jesus Christ;

10 to the intent that now through the assembly the manifold wisdom of God might be made known to the principalities and the powers in the heavenly places,

11 according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord;

12 in whom we have boldness and access in confidence through our faith in him.

AND

2 Corinthians 1 ( WEB )

18 But as God is faithful, our word toward you was not “Yes and no.”

19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, by me, Silvanus, and Timothy, was not “Yes and no,” but in him is “Yes.”

20 For however many are the promises of God, in him is the “Yes.” Therefore also through him is the “Amen”, to the glory of God through us.

AND

2 Corinthians 4 ( WEB )

1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we don’t faint.

2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

3 Even if our Good News is veiled, it is veiled in those who perish;

4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the Good News of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn on them.

5 For we don’t preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake;

6 seeing it is God who said, “Light will shine out of darkness,”Genesis 1:3 who has shone in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.



God has eternally planned for our well-being through Jesus; that is FOREVER! He has made a commitment toward us by the sacrifice of JESUS’ body on the cross and his shed blood. In this sacrifice, HIS choice of us is a resounding YES, YES! So, be faithful, love and obey HIM with your entire life and you have absolutely nothing to worry about!


PS...

By the way, my cat number would be the number 8, for I had some great news yesterday and I am still not over that WOW feeling!