8/31/20

A sign for me by Gary Rose

 

“It is what it is” is a saying that I have been using for decades. Frankly, I do not remember WHEN I started using it, but it still applies. This saying is a recognition of reality, an acceptance of what IS not just what I would like things TO BE.


God is in control of all things and his will for my life is reflected in the Scriptures. Jesus did his very best to do his father’s will and I can only imagine how hard it must have been to submit to being crucified on a Roman cross.

I believe that all Christians are “walking worship services” in that it our spiritual service of worship is to do the will of God in this world. The Apostle Paul says…


Romans 12 ( World English Bible )

1, Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service.

2, Don’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.


No matter what we are confronted with, we must live to serve HIM who loved us and died for us. I can’t predict what will happen in the future, but I do know HIM who ultimately works everything out for us all. Today, I intend to give some thought as to how I may be faithful to serve God. I pray that you will do the same.

Gary