8/12/20

Reset? by Gary Rose

 

Interesting question! Would I press “reset”? As I think of my life as a whole, it has been full of surprises; The places I have lived, the work I have done, my goals, accomplishments and of course, my failures. Because of this, I don’t think I would want any surprises when it comes to the life after this life.


But there is more to the question this picture raises than meets the eye. This question raises others: Could I actually be offered a reset button? Who would have the power to control such a thing? Am I actually competent enough to decide what to do? What if my do-over resulted in a terrible outcome?


Ultimately, the answer to the “Reset” question is determined by your worldview. When I think of worldviews, there are really only two of them, for either you choose God’s view of how one should interpret the world or something created by the mind of a human being. As for me, well, I choose God and his will for mankind as revealed through the Holy Bible. The writer to the Hebrews said...


Hebrews 9 ( World English Bible )

24 For Christ hasn’t entered into holy places made with hands, which are representations of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

25 nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place year by year with blood not his own,

26 or else he must have suffered often since the foundation of the world. But now once at the end of the ages, he has been revealed to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment,

28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, without sin, to those who are eagerly waiting for him for salvation.


God has given us one life to live; there are no do-overs. Since we all have sinned, we all need a remedy for it. Jesus Christ has provided a way to survive the judgment- his own body and blood. We cannot change the past, but with God’s help our future can be blessed beyond our imagination.


Will you seek God and his purpose for your life, or pursue some hair-brained idea like a reset button? Your decision, your fate. What will you do about it? 

 

Ask me and I will help; I am waiting...