9/28/20

GO to church! by Gary Rose

 

Yesterday, as I was leaving for church, my wife said to me “Have a nice time”. And as I was driving to services, I asked myself: Is having a nice time why I am going to worship? NO, was my answer to myself. I am going to worship the creator of the universe, the sovereign LORD of all men (whether on not they accept HIM). Now, I know that I will enjoy the company of those who also want to love and obey God as I do, but this is a secondary matter. God has been merciful to me and helped me overcome sin. I am not perfect, but I know where the “hospital” for sin is and want to go where some word I might hear, just might help me follow God more closely.


The Bible says…



Hebrews 10 ( World English Bible )

23) let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering; for he who promised is faithful.

24) Let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good works,

25) not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as you see the Day approaching.



If you love GOD, you will GO TO CHURCH.


GO, because you want to think about your life and change for the better.

GO, because others at the assembly might say something that will help you overcome a sinful attitude or action.

GO, because the preacher just might quote that one passage from the Bible that might change your life.

GO, because you might be able to help another person eradicate sin.

GO, because you love God and want to show it by worshiping HIM!

GO, because Jesus is there (remember that where 2 or 3 gathered, so is Jesus).

GO, to remember what Jesus has done for you (while you partake of the Lord’s supper).

GO, because you want to sing to God and pray with others who love HIM.

GO, to give of your means in order to expand God’s LOVE to the whole world!


Nobody is perfect, but every Christian will continue to try to eradicate all sin in their lives as long as they live. Many different sins are mentioned in the picture at the top, and the list is far from complete, but its a good start. There are sins of o-mission and co-mission and willful and unwitting sins that are not mentioned and if I tried to list them all, I would give up after awhile because I just do not know everything!


One thing I do know, Jesus is my savior and I do not want to sin.


Next Sunday, GO TO CHURCH! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!