10/21/20

Get a plan! by Gary Rose


 

A life without a plan is foolishness. Growing up, our teachers in high school told us to plan for the future; they were right. Being without a plan is like a ship without a rudder, it just wanders. If one just wanders through life, the worst just may happen.


The picture presents a plan and its a good one. For those without faith, I suppose one could substitute “Be optimistic” instead of “Have Faith”, but that is a faith in one’s self. Christians have faith in what God did through Jesus and that is a matter of historical fact. When I saw this sign, I thought of the Apostle Paul’s parting admonition to his protege, Timothy…



2 Timothy 4 ( World English Bible )

1 I command you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his Kingdom:

2 preach the word; be urgent in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with all patience and teaching.

3 For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts;

4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside to fables.

5 But you be sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, and fulfill your ministry.

6 For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure has come.

7 I have fought the good fight. I have finished the course. I have kept the faith.

8 From now on, there is stored up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day; and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his appearing.



Christian, hold fast to your faith; it is really the only sure thing in unsettling times. Paul did and so can you. That sign is great as far as it goes, but place your hope in Jesus- you will be eternally glad you did!