10/23/20

My special mirror by Gary Rose


 

Shimmer, that’s the word I first thought of when I first viewed this picture. As I looked more closely, it reminded me of a mirror, a golden mirror. As I continued in my reflection of this picture (pardon the play on words) I realized that this shimmering mirror had reflected its surroundings and changed my concept of what that reflection should be. So, a mirror can change my perception and in a way transform my thinking and therefore transform me.


Then, the following passage from 2 Corinthians came to mind as well as two other Bible passages…



2 Corinthians 3 ( World English Bible )

16 But whenever one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18 But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.




2 Corinthians 5 ( WEB )

17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away. Behold, all things have become new.



Galatians 5 ( WEB )

19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,

20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies,

21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,

23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.



When a person comes to God, God changes him or her. A Christian is simply not the same person. They obey God rather than their own desires; beginning by obeying the Gospel and loving what God loves and hating what God does (sin). My own special mirror is the reflection of God in my life; I am transformed from a life of sin to a life dedicated to God.


One more thing…


ARE YOU TRANSFORMED YET ?