11/20/20

Life is... by Gary Rose

 

The above statement is true. Grudging accepting one’s fate is not what a Christian is to be like. We have life with Christ and hope and joy and an unbelievable future awaiting us. God gives us happiness, regardless what our circumstances may be.


The United States of America is shifting away from God. Soon, it is entirely possible that we will be persecuted for our faith in God and his one and only son, Jesus. Some of us already are beginning to experience this.


Yesterday, I was reviewing “my memories” in Facebook and noticed once again that some of my posts had been deleted by those who enforce Facebook’s “community standards”. This is nothing new however, for within the past year, posts that have been acceptable to them for several years are no longer allowed. What is different is the increased percentage of censorship- my guess is about 80%. When this public forum rejects my posts based on the Bible and consistently increases their censorship, well it is time for me to leave them and go elsewhere. Currently, I am looking at “Parler” and “MeWee” as possible alternatives, but the search is far from over.


So, what do I do? I will not react in anger, but rather search for other mediums to share my reflections on life as seen through the lens of the Scriptures. More than that, I will rejoice that for a number of years I was blessed to be able to spread the Word of God as it influences my life.


I am not alone. Think of The Apostle Paul. He had obstacles, problems, difficulties, concerns and worries. I am amazed at his consistent positive attitude. His life is one of the best examples for Christians that I can think of and in some small way emulate.


Paul writes…



12 Now I desire to have you know, brothers, that the things which happened to me have turned out rather to the progress of the Good News;

13 so that it became evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my bonds are in Christ;

14 and that most of the brothers in the Lord, being confident through my bonds, are more abundantly bold to speak the word of God without fear.

15 Some indeed preach Christ even out of envy and strife, and some also out of good will.

16 The former insincerely preach Christ from selfish ambition, thinking that they add affliction to my chains;

17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the Good News.

18 What does it matter? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed. I rejoice in this, yes, and will rejoice.

19 For I know that this will turn out to my salvation, through your supplication and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will in no way be disappointed, but with all boldness, as always, now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life, or by death.

21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.



I rejoice that I have been a Christian for four decades and will continue to do so until I die. Remember what Paul said “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”- What a wonderful thought! May God bless you in believing and practicing your faith; irrespective of who tries to censor or confront you!